I do not see where XP is better than 98SE. Yes I upgraded because a lot of modern software won't run on 98SE but XP has a lot of stuff that is not needed by Joe User, but makes corporates IT folks happy. In fact I find that XP Pro SP2 is its own virus. I shut off automatic updates and it turns them back on. The auto updates change the system from the way you want it set up to the way MS wants it set up. The last one, loaded Sunday morning, change the look and feel of my system as well. At the moment I am kind of pissed at XP.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

John Forbes wrote:
If there's one essential accessory for a DSLR, it's a modern PC (or Mac).

You need the processing power and you need the storage space. Your machine probably came with a 10GB disk. You'll soon use that up.

If you think you can get away with not processing your images, you've bought the wrong camera. You need a point and shoot.

Plus the fact that XP and Mac OSX (or whatever it is) are a million times better than Win98.

John