Bob Walkden wrote:

> > My all time favorite, is:
>
> > Master of the Photographic Essay - W. Eugene Smith
>
> I agree with your comments about this book.
> [...] It's very difficult to find.

I didn't realize that it's somewhat rare. An alibris search turned up
but four copies, with prices reaching above $500.00.

> Another book I really enjoy is "Greek Portfolio"
> by Costa Manos.

Another worthwhile book, from what I understand.

Another favorite of mine is Photojournalism - The Professionals'
Approach by Kenneth Kobré.  Perhaps one of the best "how to" books on
photography.  He discusses, and exemplifies, such subjects as how to
do a photo essay, the proper way to use and expose color film,
lighting, studio and advertising work, and even touches on the aspects
of sensitivity and the legal ramifications of what and where you can
shoot.  I highly recommend this book, although new it can be about
$50.00 in paperback.

The truth is, I have about fifty books, and with one or two
exceptions, they're all favorites.  There are some real jewels in the
group ...
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]