My apologies if this appears twice on the list.  The original hasn't shown
up yet, and subsequent posts by others have and are already in the archive.

==================================

As I move gradually into the 21st century, autofocus lenses have become a
serious consideration, and the FA lenses are especially interesting at this
point. In trying a few different autofocus lenses it seems that some have a
shorter focus throw than others, and some may have even been faster to
focus than other lenses. For example, I used John Celio's 18~35 (or maybe
it was an 18~55) and the focus throw seemed quite short and the lens seemed
to focus faster than the 77mm Ltd. I say "seemed" because I didn't have the
77mm at the time in order to make a direct comparison.

So, my questions to the list are these:

* Are there any AF lenses (FA or otherwise) that definitely focus faster
than other lenses?

* Do lighter weight plastic-bodied lenses focus faster than the
heavier-bodied metal lenses?

* Would a shorter focus throw be an indicator of a faster focusing lens?

* Are there any Pentax lenses, and maybe even third party lenses, that are
noted for poor autofocus performance, which are they, and in what areas do
they perform poorly?

* In general, do the DA lenses focus faster or more accurately than FA
lenses?

* What's the best and the worst autofocus lens you've used (wrt focusing
speed and accuracy)?

* Which autofocus lenses do you prefer for manual focusing, and why?

* Are there any things that can be done to improve focusing speed and
accuracy with a given lens?

Thanks for any help.

Shel