Probably a dumb question but is there a particular
area of sky to look for this???

Dave

---- Begin Original Message ----

From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 21:59:12 -0600
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Perseid Meteor Shower

----- Original Message -----
 From: "Frank Theriault"
Subject: Perseid Meteor Shower

> The Perseid Meteor Shower will peak at between midnight and
4:00am on
> Sunday August 12.  Anyone going to be out there watching
and/or looking
> for images?  If so, what will you be using, and what
techniques would be
> helpful?
>
> Unfortunately, I doubt that I'll be out there, since I don't
have a car
> to get out of the city, where light pollution makes the event
all but
> unobservable.  And, I've got access to my kids this weekend
anyway.

> Just curious as to what others may be up to...

I will definitely be out there, probably being mosquito food. I
will be using Superia 800, and 2 LX's, one with a 20mm lens, one
with a 35mm lens. Of course, this is subject to change. My
brother in law lives in the Craven valley, about a half hour out
of town, and is extremely well protected from light pollution.
William Robb

-
This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,

---- End Original Message ----

 Pentax User
 Stouffville Ont Canada
Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail