From: Rick Womer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 3:02 PM
To: Pentax List
Subject: Z-series feature I miss on the ist D

I took my ist D along to a gathering of my extended
family Saturday.  I was able to get some okay pix
using my old TTL Sunpak flash, but...

I =REALLY= miss having the flash shoe over the grip,
as it is on the Z-series cameras, instead of over the
prism.  My favorite way of shooting indoors with the
(P)Z-1p is to bounce the external flash off the
ceiling, and use the internal flash for direct
lighting.  Can't do that no more.  I plan to buy a
Sigma DG-something Super, but even then I'll have two
things to hold instead of one to get the same
lighting, unless I start using a flash bracket again
(yuck!).

One more thing I miss:  the infrared focus beam.

(piss, moan...)

Rick

http://www.photo.net/photos/RickW