The hill is SUPPOSED to appear flat. If by flat you mean there is no shadow, detail... there was none intended.

The sun was coming almost directly at me, streaming through the fog on the ridge. The scene is backlit with the ridge and the trees standing in silohouette.

Tom C.

From: Kostas Kavoussanakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: GESO - Foggy Morning
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:44:10 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Tom C wrote:

From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:35:48 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom C"
Subject: GESO - Foggy Morning

Foggy Ridge (from home)

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=4327774&size=lg

Nice composition, no shadow detail.
That would be a hard shot to do in one exposure.

Thanks for commenting. I wasn't looking for or wanting much shadow detail in these shots. I think it would have been hard to get because of the lighting, but the lighting is what made the shots to begin with.

I respect your opinion, but thought to mention that I agree with Bill. Not so much on the trees, but on the hill, which appears flat on my monitor.

And I think we all agree that what I "see" is hard to achieve :-)

Kostas