Mauricio,

Stan Halpin forwarded your message to the Pentax Discussion Mailing List,
from which I reply.

If I got this right, you wish to take photos of flowers at exactly 1:20,
then make a grid that you can print onto the slide afterwards to measure the
size of the flower.

I advice against using this method because the accuracy will be pretty low.
1/10mm * 20 is 2mm error margin. If your small flowers are eg. 10mm, that's
an error margin of 20%. That might be okay, but it's definately not
scientific standards.

May I suggest another method for you to consider:
Make a grid design that you can use in the field, and place right in front
of the flower. Like a tennis racket, only with a finer grid. Then photograph
the flower and the grid together. Then you can measure the size of the
flower correctly independent of scale in the photo. Your accuracy will only
depend on the accuracy of the grid.

You could also photograph the flower with any object of known size. Eg. an
ordinary liner or ruler, or a cylinder (filmbox etc.). As long as you know
the size of the object, you can calculate the size of the flower:

      Oi/Or = Fi/Fr
or
        Fr = (Or*Fi)/Oi

where
Oi = Object size on image
Or = Object size in real life
Fi = Flower size on image
Fr = Flower size in real life

If you project the slide on the wall and measure there, your accuracy will
be pretty good.

Hope this helps?

Best regards,
Jostein Øksne M.sci.