I much prefer to develop skills with one high quality solution that scales to do all the work rather than having to work through and learn the ins and outs of coordinating several different applications. Photoshop CS2's automation, browsing and sorting, batch facilities, scripting and RGB editing are well worth the upgrade price.

Even ignoring the advantages in using Bridge/Camera Raw 3.3 over the CS' File Browser and Camera Raw 2.4, the Smart Sharpening filter in Photoshop CS2 is worth the upgrade price all by itself.

Godfrey