----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan K. Brooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Wow, you're really obsessed with Hassie dying. I absolutely hate to say it, but Pentax seems more at risk- they're being chased into lower and lower margins by the market leader (makes for great ist Dx prices though) and they don't have any MF cameras that are used commercially.

Nobody has MF cameras that are used commercially. Pentax had commercial share of their MF line of 50% wich is far more than Hasselbad with their 20%. Their main customers are the rich dentist fraternity who also bought Leicas.

Except for a few artists, commercial MF is digital. Period.

MF is no particular case: commercial photography nowadays is digital. Most commercial photographers are struggling or trying to do business. They cannot afford $30000 digital solution. It is not that they don't want MF based digital solutions.

No one is going to migrate back to the once-great, "but I got burned on the digital transition" 645 and 67 lines.

Why not?

Sensor prices aren't going to plummet like Moore's law- die sizes have stayed the same now for a long time.

Sensor prices has dropped significantly the last few years. It will continue

Pål