On Apr 21, 2006, at 9:41 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This is a screen capture of your page with Safari, however. It's
rendered in sRGB:

http://homepage.mac.com/godders/rs-test-image-icc.jpg

Both the two profiled images are darn close, the unprofiled sRGB
deviates just a little from a "correct" rendering.

Yes, the tomato at the bottom right isn't quite as saturated.

Screen dump of IE render under W2k 4/2005:
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/ICC_Test_dump.jpg

Screen dump of Firefox render under W2k today:
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/ICC-test-screen-dump.jpg

And a screen dump of the page as viewed in Firefox with the two sRGB samples as
viewed in a colour managed application below:
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/colourspaces.jpg

My screen cal is close enough to sRGB standard that I still get away with a decent rendering of web images rendered with sRGB intent in either browser.

Thanks for the additional samples. It is always interesting to me to see how the various browsers render our work. I updated my JPEG to include current FireFox on Mac OS X rendering too ... FireFox does not honor profiles, they use their own rendering library rather than the Mac OS X system libraries.

  http://homepage.mac.com/godders/rs-test-image-icc.jpg

It's all in the details ...

Godfrey