Kodak's 14mp DSLR's did not use Kodak sensors. It used a third party CMOS sensor. Kodak doesn't (or at least didn't at that time) make CMOS sensors. Kodak's sensors were too expensive to use in a camera at that price point.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Joseph Tainter wrote:
"It is supposed to use a Kodak sensor. Officially it is still 18Mp but some speculate it is really 22mp. Is there anything wrong with the Kodak sensor?"

Kodak's entry in the DSLR market was apparently very noisy. I have been concerned about this since I heard that Pentax would use a Kodak sensor in the 645D. Perhaps Kodak has improved since then. I am not in the market for the 645D, but I am concerned that Pentax will take a further financial loss if it doesn't sell.

Joe