On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 10:46:24PM +0100, Cotty wrote:
> On 22/4/06, John Francis, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
> >For at least *some* Pentax content, here's a couple of snaps:
> >
> >    http://panix.com/~johnf/temp/MyNewCar1.jpg
> >
> >    http://panix.com/~johnf/temp/MyNewCar2.jpg
>

> Nice motor John! That's a keeper.

I certainly hope so.  But if it lasts me as long as the Mustang
in the background (one owner since new, in 1986) I'll be happy.

> I'm about 20 years away from my l'il British roadster. I'm hankering
> like mad after one of these:
>
> <http://www.cottageclassics.co.uk/andyhydeg27.JPG>
>
> Ginetta G27
>
> :-)))

That looks like a fun drive.   TVRs look pretty interesting, too.

I must confess I did at least entertain the idea of a Lotus Elise.
But I just couldn't bring myself to own a Lotus when the closest
actual dealership was over 400 miles away.

I also considered a Mini Cooper S convertible with the JCW works
package, but the automatic (which Wendy-Ann needs) *still* hasn't
been certified in the USA, so who knows when that would happen?
Apart from that the new Mustang is much nicer than the '86 model,
and I also took a look at (and drove) the Honda S2000.  But all
of those cars ended up pretty close to the same price, and each
had some drawbacks. I ended up paying about the same for the Z4
as I would have paid for any of the others.  I could also have
got a two-year-old Porsche Boxster (though not a Boxster S) for
only a little bit more, but the total cost of ownership over the
next few years comes down pretty heavily on the side of the Z4.