> From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/04/24 Mon AM 08:15:48 GMT
> To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
> Subject: Re: *ist D
>
> For my needs (I have a DS) the additional cost of the D wasn't worth it.
> The DS/DS2 has a number of features that even some D users would like, and
> the D has some features some DS/DS2/DL users might like.  I sometimes
> wonder how many of the D owners would have purchased a DS had it been
> available at the time.  Conversely, how many DS/DS2/DL owners might prefer
> the D now that they've had and used their cameras for a while.
>
> Shel

Comparing the D to the DL2, the former has much better apparent build quality.
The latter feels decidedly "plastic" compared to the former, which has more
"weight" and weight and less flex in panels.  The battery door on the DL2 is an
accident looking for somewhere to happen, although that might be me being in
"Hamfist, the barbarian" mode.  Controls have a roughly similar feel.

> > Jo?o Moreira wrote:
>
> > Another question: is the *ist D worth the $600.00 over
> > the *ist DL? What are the extra features?

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software