Aaron Reynolds wrote:

On Apr 26, 2006, at 10:29 AM, Adam Maas wrote:

Rollei is selling APX clones, as is somebody over here under the brand Silvertone. Not sure if these are made by Rollei, Agfa Gevaert or somebody else (Efke?).

Silvertone was distributed in Canada by Agfa Canada -- it was just like Kodak's "Funtime" film, a large batch that wasn't quite up to spec but was still very useable.

-Aaron

I've heard several conflicting stories about Silvertone. It's apparently still being distributed by Agfa Canada, and the base seems to be different from APX (It's slightly thinner, based on my side-by-side comparisons).

-Adam