Tom C wrote:
I, as many others are having problems receiving all the messages fron the list, often not my own. I'm not blaming this on any of the PDML list inner workings. Is is in general aggravating.

I am curious though... Sometimes I'll reply to an existing PDML e-mail in order to have the pentax-discuss@pdml.net appear automatically in the To: field. I then erase the body of the message and substitute my own subject line. However, when I look in the archives, I see my sent message embedded in the earlier thread ***even though the subject line has changed***.

This is because when you hit reply, it automatically embeds a marker indicating that this is a reply and it includes the message id of the message you were replying to so that the email reader at the other end threads it properly. If you want it to appear at the top thread level, you need to create it with "new" not "reply". :)

rg

Tom C.

--
Someone handed me a picture and said, "This is a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. "...Here's a picture of me when I'm older." Where'd you get that camera man?
- Mitch Hedberg