From what I have seen of European cities in movies, we do not have traffic congestion problems here in the US anyway. This may be one of those pot and kettle discussions.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

DagT wrote:
Den 29. apr. 2006 kl. 14.20 skrev Bob W:

Unfortunately in 99% of the US today an automobile is a
necessity not
a luxury. That said, do not believe that price does not affect gas
usage.

I find that Europeans and people from the UK who have not
been here generally just don't understand this about the USA.
 Things are far apart here, and for the most part we don't
have transportation alternatives.  Most of us don't have
access to passenger train service.  Bus service is very
limited, and very slow.  It's driving in our cars or not
getting there.

but that's because you guys have arranged it that way. You can unarrange it
by building better railroads and improved buses.

And move your cities a bit closer together... That reminds me of an American
gentleman I met in Munich many, many years ago. He had not been in Europe
since WWII. I asked him what he thought were the main differences between
Europe and the US. He said "Well, your cities are so close together".

The daily transport problem is simply a result of people living too far from their jobs. It should have been solved by better city planning .-)

DagT

--No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.