I think the DL2 PEF files are the same format as DS, DL, DS2 PEF files. Camera Raw v3.3 rejects them because the camera descriptor is not in its internal list. I searched the Camera Raw binary with a hex file editor and found "Pentax *ist DS2" (as well as the 'D', 'DS' and 'DL' models) listed in two places. In a DS PEF file, I found the same string... I think that if I edited a of Camera Raw v3.3 and changed the 'S' to an 'L' on that string, it would have no problem.

I don't have a DL2 PEF file to examine or test with, though. If you want to send me one, I can give it a try.

Godfrey