CD's are already being replaced by flash memory. DVD's are being replaced by DL DVD's, and eventually will probably be replace by flash memory too. What will replace flash memory, who knows? You can bet that no media will ever have a useful life expectancy of more than 10 years before it is superseded. Just plan on it. Actually prints in albums are the only thing I know of that have out lasted that 10 year figure, but the albums sure have changed over the years.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"