Interestingly, I own and shoot a Super Ricohflex. nice camera, if not quite a Yashicamat.

-Adam

graywolf wrote:

Another I did not see the original of...

1st choice a 5x7 Graflex (Just kidding)
2nd Mamiya RB67
3rd Hassy 500C
4th Rolleiflex 2.8E2*
5th Mamiya C3*
6th Ricohflex*
7th Anscoflex*

The point here is, if someone didn't get it, that you want a ground glass big enough to actually see the image from 18-24 inches away. A digital with a largish flip up LCD would work, I think.

* I actually have owned and used these. Listed in descending range of quality.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Adam Maas wrote:

Vic Mortelmans wrote:

Hi pdml!

this question may be off-topic, though this depends on the outcome of the answers.

Currently I have a number of Pentax camera's (Spotmatic SP, ES, SuperA) and a number of rangefander camera's (Canonet QL17 GIII, Zorki 4).

None of these camera's offer waist-level viewing.

I'd like to try waist-level viewing, because I know from experience that a low angle viewpoint gives better pictures (also, I'm quite tall).

These are the possibilities I am considering:

1 Pentax LX with waist-level viewfinder
2 Asahiflex (maybe still with the M39 thread?)
3 flash-shoe waist level viewfinder (Leica has some models), to be used on SLR or rangefinder camera's
4 TLR camera
5 I know there are some regular SLR camera's and even point-and-shoots that have additionally a (small) built-in waist-level viewfinder

Do you know about more options?

About the pro's and contra's:

1 contra expensive; pro compatible with my current lens system
2 contra quality of the viewfinder?; pro/contra? is it compatible with M42 lenses?
3 contra expensive; pro can be used on any of my camera's
4 contra only with 120 film; pro people will be staring at me (or is this contra?)
5 contra probably low quality viewfinders; I've lost the references...

Can you add to this from your experience?

Groeten,

VIc

1's probably the best option. I shoot this way with my F3 with a lot of success. 2 means all new and rare lenses, as Asahiflex's are M37 mount except for one very rare model which had M42.
3 might work, never tried one.
4 is the ebst way to do this on the cheap. Beware parralax error though.
5. Don't even bother.
6. Get a Right angle adaptor for the viewfinder.

-Adam