To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 1:42 AM
Subject: My show

Since Godfrey mentioned it, here is a brief report about my show
opening last Friday:

Everything was hanged and ready on Thursday night. Friday afternoon, I
was running late for the opening. I actually live three blocks from
the gallery, so I stopped at home to drop one of my layers (had just
crossed the Bay Bridge on the Vespa) and pick up the 16-45.

On the three blocks to the gallery, I had a helmet problem, and
somehow lost control of the Vespa, and went down. I hurt my hands
badly (just road rash, but profound, and in both hands) and my knee.
Oh, and my black turtleneck, aka "artist costume" was torn badly.

So during the opening, I was limping and wearing bandages on both
hands. At least it wasn't a posthumous opening :)

Other than that, it was great. A lot of people showed up (in two waves
actually, the gallery was full two times, with a slow period in the
middle.) Some old friends, some new ones. After the opening, the few
people left went for tapas to a nearby restaurant.

I ended up not taking any pictures myself. So for illustration, here
are three from the night before, after hanging the photographs:

http://static.flickr.com/52/138032928_aff18d09e1_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/55/138032851_94a31cb332_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/51/138032821_f3447ba121_o.jpg

Thanks for looking,