In a message dated 5/1/2006 6:53:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Limiting the quantity of something raises the cachet value of it, and
increases it's desirablity, providing it isn't just a one off piece of shit.
If you don't limit the number of prints that you make, and make it clear to
the customer that what they are buying is one of a small number of units,
you may as well be selling Britney Spears posters out of the trunk of your
car.

William Robb
=========
Exactly.

This is an area where my knowledge is foggy. But the thing to be aware of, is
that some famous artists may only produced say only 25 prints (or less) of
one thing DURING THEIR LIFETIME. That is really what a limited edition print
means. It's like having only one painting in existence. Only a certain number
of
prints ever in existence. So it is something to think about beforehand, how
many prints of one thing you want in existence for your lifetime.

I am sure someone on this list knows more about it than I. But I think it
requires some thought before committing oneself.

Marnie aka Doe