The dog has been trained to sit and wait outside stores while his master, a young lady, shops.

Might he have been trained to wait for the treat that his owner will be bringing out?
My Malamute was always led by his stomach as I suspect most dogs are.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: PESO: Patience is a Virtue

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist" <

The dog has been trained to sit and wait outside stores while his master, a young lady, shops. It's a rather amazing dog. I thought it was a Basset Hound, but I don't know my dogs very well. Perhaps Bill will tell us.

That's a Basset. Knowing how hounds minds work, the owner has done an amazing job of training if the dog will wait 10 minutes or so in an unrestrained stay. Hounds have a tendency to follow their noses, and are somewhat uncompliant regarding obedience..

William Robb