On Fri, 05 May 2006 00:42:00 +0200, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My processing costs are going to double if I include scanning at
processing time.   The lab technician stated that at their highest
resolution the scans should be good for at least an 8x10 print with a
decent photograph.  I think he said they would be scanned at
2456*3636, or something close to that.  I didn't write it down.  My
other current option is to scan them myself on a flatbed (8400F),
which is time consuming and, for me, frustrating.

2400x3600 doesn't sound too bad (almost 9Mpix, so you beat the *ist's ;-), the 1 hour scans I was referring to are 800x600...

Maybe it's wise to evaluate the quality of the scans beforehand?
--
Regards, Lucas