I've been looking to replace my DA 18-55 lately, especially since I can get some amazing prices due to the high Canadian dollar right now (or is it low US dollar? ;) )

I tend to prefer primes if I can, but i certainly won't limit my self to that. I'm really looking to step up optically, but I also would like a little wider if i can get it.

Can anyone comment on these lenses for optical and build quality? Experience? I've found a few reviews, but they're not always helpful.

Front runners include:

Pentax 16-45mm ED AL - $409
Sigma 20mm 1.8 EX - $409 (can be used on Film also - big plus!)
Pentax 14mm ED IF - $599  (a bit more than I'd like to spend!)
Pentax 12-24mm ED AL - $599 (again, $$$)
Sigma 10-20mm - $479

I've also considered a fisheye. If I use a Full-frame fisheye on my DS, would the crop treat it more like a regular wide-angle? ie, less distortion outside of the center axis?

Zenitar fisheye (does this work for 35mm also?) - I'd prefer an A lens over M, however... but it's cheap.
Pentax SCMP-DA 10-17mm - $399
Sigma 15mm 2.8 - $499

(my regular kit also includes the Pentax-A 28/2.8, Pentax-A 50/1.7, and a Sigma 70-300 APO)

Any help is appreciated!

Michael Hamilton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.michaelhamilton.ca