That's true. It was sized down for printing. He should have printed it at 300 or 360. But the web images would have been resized anyway, and that's all we're seeing here. I'm sure he did something wrong, but I'm betting it was lousy scans. The difference is too big for any other explanation. But I do think it demonstrates that 12 megapixel digital from a full frame sensor is capable of quality that can compete with medium format. Many pros have staked their careers on that and have proven it to be the case. Clint Clemens is a good example. (I mentioned this in a previous message, but it never showed up.) He's a 30K/day commercial shooter with fine-art credentials. He works exclusively with the Canon full frame dslr in the studio and on location, and is booked solid.
Paul