Hi,

why black-and-white?, seems obvious to me... there's basically only one color in the picture, so if you turn to grayscale, you won't loose alot.

Open it in an image editor and use the tool to pick colors; try to get the HSV-value of some pixels and you'll see that the H-values are very similar allover the picture.

I noticed because I've been experimenting with a conversion tool to make duotone images (i.e. images that can be printed using two inks, most likely black + a spot color). When I run this image through the tool, it has very little effect, since the source image is very close to a duotone.

Here's the comparison:
http://users.pandora.be/vicmortelmans/monochrome_bird/monochrome_bird.html
(I also added a version using a different spot color, closer to red)

Groeten,

VIc

If you like to read more about my experiments (and maybe give feedback), look here:
http://users.pandora.be/vicmortelmans/fts/adaptiveduotone/adaptiveduotone.html

Tim Øsleby wrote:
Don't know why. Just my gut feeling. Anyway, I haven't time to try now. So most likely I'll forget the idea ;-)

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)
Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds (Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)