Quoting Tim Øsleby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> This shot should make you wet your pants ;-) It is a lot steeper here than
> at the puffin shot. I was really impressed by the man claiming freight of
> heights.

LOL. Well... You were further out than me. Didn't you notice I always let you go
first? :-)
Seriously, it helps a lot to have a person below.

> Jostein is a sensible man, so I guess he has gone to bed now. I'm not, so
> I'll answer your question for him. The near black background is the sea. The
> gannet is a very light (read near white) bird. So he had to underexpose to
> avoid blowing out the highlights. The colour of the sea is a positive side
> effect of this underexposure, is my guess.

Absolutely. I used manual mode in this case, since the light was fairly
constant, but I'm not sure how much I actually compensated. Probably aronud
-2.5.

Sorry about not replying directly, Ann. Your post hasn't reached my inbox.

Jostein