Knowing these techniques makes the camera even more user friendly for me.
The idea of using the DS as a completely manual camera, and also using the
AE-L technique, has made me like the camera even more, and, for me at
least, pretty much gets rid of the bugaboo of relying in the built-in meter
at my discretion.  I just hope future models will allow the same sort of
flexibility.  Thanks again, guys ;-)))))))))))))))))))))))

90% of my lenses are pre-A, so the -DS effectively is a manual camera with a built-in light meter. I wouldn't necessarily call it "user friendly," but it at least gets you comfortable with a "shoot-from-the-hip" exposure.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *