You guys are all sissies. The way I do it is soak the lens in a coffee can full of ultra fine penetrating oil for a week, and then toss the lens in the trash. It saves a lot of frustration.

(Just joking, for those who can not tell without a score card)

As a last resort one can drill the screw out, but that usually buggers things up so they look awful forever after.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"