Yes, it certainly is another thing, John.

I knew the DS could be used in full manual mode, but I did not know that it
could be done with an auto focus lens.  And I'm not sure that feature was
available with firmware versions earlier than 2.0 - in any case, I learned
something recently.  You're easily amazed ;-))

Shel