On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 11:28:28AM -0400, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

> On May 14, 2006, at 9:20 AM, William Robb wrote:
>
> >This is something Pentax could really learn from the competition. The
> >4-way switch on the istD is awful.
> >My friend's Rebel D, which is in every other respect a cheaper built
> >camera has a much better 4-way switch.
>
> Is the 4-way on the D the same as on later cameras?

No.  That on the DS seems much more positive than that on the D.

Pentax do seem to be learning here, though.  The switches on the
latest pre-production K10D bodies (as seen at the Russian show)
look to have changed to something much more like the one on the
645D prototype - visually (and, I hope, operationally) quite like
the switches on the high-end Nikon bodies.