I do not have this problem.
If I put another card, it will read it without any problem.
Weird.

2006/5/14, Joseph Tainter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Thanks, Jostein and John. I am using Windows XP.

I use the little green arrow in the Taskbar, labeled "Safely Remove
Hardware." I have found that if I doesn't use that, Windows scolds me. I
have the issue with card readers, thumbdrives, and the external 250 GB
drive I can use on either Firewire or USB.

If I remove a CF card (or any of these) through the "Safely Remove
Hardware" method, I cannot then insert a new card (or re-insert the
thumbdrive or turn the external hard drive back on) without rebooting.
Windows just won't recognize it.

This is mainly an issue when I have several CF cards worth of images to
transfer.

Appreciate any advice. I do believe there is a solution to this.

Joe

--
Thibouille