The Cream version is pretty good. Clapton's done Crossroads three different times, with Cream, Derek & The Dominoes and solo, although there are about a half-dozen different performances of Clapton doing it floating around.

If you like Robert Johnson, Clapton did a pair of tribute albums a couple of years ago that are extremely good. I've got the second (Sessions for Robert J.) and really need to pick up the first. The one I have comes with a DVD of the studio session at Clapton's home, which is quite entertaining.

-Adam
Who will note that even Lynyrd Skynyrd has done Crossroads.

Tim Øsleby wrote:

Your band sure sound like a hefty act Jens. And you where able to keep a
steady beat. I don't really remember the Cream version, but as I recall, you
sound a bit looser, a bit jazzier. The singers nasal sound is very similar
to Clapton ;-)

Never the less. This and Cream is or R&B, rhythm and blues. Clapton has
rerecorded the song, acoustic, him and Peter Green. That's much closer to
the original Johnson recording (I've got that on CD). Less bells and
whistles, and a lot harder to play.
I've also found a version by Tom Waits, very different, but pretty hefty
too.

I'm also trying to download the Cream version. So far, in vain :-(

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds (Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)