Yup. F=40mm was a near perfect "wide normal" for 35mm film and F=28mm would be the same for the DS. Choosing between the 35/2 and 28/2.8 was hard, but I finally went for the 35mm for its two stop gain over the 20-35/4. I continue to be tempted...

The joy of the 20-35 is that it covers with near-prime quality all my most-used focal lengths. The price is two stops.

Godfrey