graywolf wrote:
When your reputation's is on the line, I don't see how you can leave things to the cameras choice. It is not like spec work where you don't even have to admit a dud exists. Auto cameras are right 90% of the time. It is the other 10% that worries me. And you do not know which 10% that it is you have to worry about. Better to do it yourself then at least if you screw up it is you who screwed up.

graywolf

When your rep is on the line, you know what you're supposed to do. Turning the camera to AF does not automatically make it independent of your input, and setting it on manual does not guarantee success. When you are shooting for money, you're supposed to know what you're doing, and part of that is knowing when to use AF and when to use manual.