John, while the DS didn't has AF-C in all modes when introduced, all of the Pentax DSLR's currently support AF-C in all modes (DS got it with firmware 2.0).

Note the AF unit on the DL's and the buffer is cut down (DL's have same sized buffer as D, DS/DS2 have twice the buffer).

The DL's require P-TTL flash for TTL modes, the DS and D doe plain TTL as well.

-Adam

John Forbes wrote:
Clearly Bob doesn't have a D!  :-)

The later bodies lack several of the D's capabilities, like continuous focus in all exposure modes; wireless flash using the RTF to trigger the remote unit; and most functions available via knobs rather than menu-diving. All of these are useful, at least for me. The wireless flash system is excellent.

There are no "prototyping issues" of any significance whatsoever.

This is the preferred body EXCEPT for those who like to shoot continuously. All the other bodies are faster. They are also cheaper, which is obviously a consideration, too.

One or more of the latest bodies will not work with any flash other than (I think) the (expensive but good) AF360FTZ.

John