Jack,

I thought it was possible too, but I can't seem to find how to trigger it as a standard slave. I can do it from using the pop up flash and the Pentax signalling, but I don't want to use the pop up flash as I'm photographing porcelain and don't want glare from the front.

I can set up one of my AF360's (I have 3) as a master using a 5P extension lead, but can't set it to manual - it only stays in P-TTL mode. If I set it up as a controller than I loose the use of one of my flashes and I'm using them all to set up the lighting.

If I set the flash on the 5P extension to manual (which is what I want to do), I can't get the other flashes to fire. I'll have to keep looking for the manual (Knowing my luck I'll find the one in Japanese and not the one in English).

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon

Jack Davis wrote:
Leon,
I was told by someone (sorry, I don't remember who) that both the 360
and 500 would work as triggers in wireless mode. I asked Pentax who had
no info to confirm, but suggested trying it as there could be some
operational possibilities not covered by the manual. I didn't.
I've only done it with the MZ-S using the built in flash and 360 in
P-TTL.

Jack

--- Leon Altoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I need some information on setting the AF360 and can't find my
manual, so I thought I'd ask here for some help.

I want to set the flash to work in manual mode and triggered by
another manual flash going off (wireless slave mode). I thought that this could be done, but have never tried before.

All help appreciated

Thanks