Hi all.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have recevied a few offlist messages,
but non showed up in my emails again. Taking this from the archives.

I have left emails and messages with my client and also Mr. Out of focus non
Pentax user(My Wal-Mart).:-)

I'll wait until i hear back from the client. Worst case is i see him Sunday at
his 1 day schooling show, and i'll see whats going on.

As far as contracts, unfortunately everything i have is verbal, and in some
instances, confirmation via email.

I suppose thats close.:-)

As someone wrote me, yes i'm alive have a roof over my head and food in the
fridge. So life is good
to that point.But the extra $2500.00 i get selling pictures pays for my
toys.<vbg>

Just very frustrating, being a small store in a small town, then having to
watch Wal-Mart move into town.

Again thanks and i'll let you know what happens.

Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 23:01:06 -0400
From: graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Dave, I have kind of skimmed over the other answers I see what you
have gotten, but I think it may be more complicated than they indicate.
The thing that you have to find out is did the former manager have the
authority at the time to bind the organization. And who has a written
contract with them, you or him?

However, if you managed to get a written agreement from the organization
then things are different, even if they have a prior agreement with the
other guy, you do have an agreement with them and they are liable to
meet that agreement with you.  See it begins to get complicated.

You really need to talk to a local attorney. This is not something we
can advise you on even if we know all the facts. Talk to an attorney
about this case. You might want get general advice about contracts for
the future from him too, so if something like this happens again you
know in advance what you have to do.

The only thing I can tell you is, don't give up until you have lost. Do
not just back down because the other guy is bigger. Even if he wins, you
may also, if the organization gave a contract to both of you they are
the ones with a problem. But you can be sure they do have an attorney on
hand, and you are going to have to stand your ground in any case.

Welcome to the world of business. The least you are going to get out of
this is to learn how to not let yourself get into a situation like this
in the future. However, it goes in the end, consider it a learning
experience.

Oh, yes, be firm, but very polite with the organization people. Your
attitude should be that you do not have a problem with them, but are
just trying to straighten out an contract problem. After all you will
probably want to continue doing business with them in the future.

Let me repeat that important statement. "Don't give up until you have
lost". Remember what happens to a team that walks off the field in the
seventh inning, they forfeit the game. Make sure you have lost, and not
just forfeited. The very least you want to do is leave everyone aware
that they are dealing with a professional.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Dave Brooks wrote:
> God, can things get any worse.
>
> Photo funk for many months and now i get an email from a photo company that
> is a lot bigger than moi, stating that they have the rights to shoot anequine
> show next weekend, that i'm supposed to have,from the guy who has nothing to
> do with it anymore.
>
> The new managers are clients of mine and  gabe me the show over 10 months ago.
> This guy is really aggressive and i have emailed an called him back on this,
> bit, do you think this is a muscle effort.
>
>  I mean the guy he is quoting left that show 2 years ago.

David J Brooks
Equine, Pets, Bands, Rural Landscape Photography in York Region
www.caughtinmotion.com
Pentax istD, PZ-1, Nikon D1 D2H