Having used Nikon cameras for most of my amateur needs I am slowly
getting the hang of using the DS I have just bought.

I read in the DS manual that you need to set the mode to shutter
priority, or to manual mode, if you want to get the "slow sync"
flash, which is when you want to set the exposure for the background
but still illuminate the front subjest with a fill flash.

As in most modern Nikon bodies the slow (fill-in) flash can be
produced in any mode, especially in aperture priority, by simply
choosing the appropriate option from a flash menu (in itself a one-
button move), I am wondering if there are any shortcuts other people
know of for this purpose on the DS.

Regards

Robert Z.
Christchurch