Bruce,  I don't have the pic up in front of me now, but my recollection is
that the red blur can mostly be cropped out by using a 5:7 or 4:5 format.
The action in the photo is good, as is the OOF kid in the background.  As
others have said, the framing is too tight top to bottom, but that issue
seems to be reduced some with the elimination of the red blur in the LLH
corner.  If you crop it just so, what little remains is not too intrusive,
or can easily be eliminated with any of several tools in PS, of which I'm
sure there are equivalents in the program you're using.

Shel