On Jun 16, 2006, at 11:07 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:

> since it was just linked
> to my server I have replaced it with a different image now :

I've had something similar done to me.  I found out because my site
stats indicated lots of referrals from a particular site that I
didn't recognise.  The guy had stolen my text word for word, only
substituting his name for mine.  Because he linked directly to the
images on my site instead of copying them, it showed up in my stats
every time someone loaded his web page.

I sent the guy a polite email but nothing happened.  I need to get
around to changing the images ;)

I know it's only a matter of time until I find out about someone
pilfering my photos, but for now I'm sailing along in blissful
ignorance, because I really don't want to have to re-generate several
hundred jpegs with watermarks/text (and I'd rather not bother viewers
with it).

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=7625052222&ru=http://search.ebay.com:
> 80/7625052222_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ

Looks normal to me...  he must have restored it.

- Dave