I've just tried Ninja and compared the result to that from Neat.

The noise I have to deal with comes from different sources. The
microscope illumination system, three different cameras (two digital and
one film) plus the very strange noise introduced by JAlbum if you make a
gallery with any sharpened pictures -- this is not so important I
suppose. For unknown reasons JAlbum introduces terrible 'film grainy'
looking noise if any of the pictures included have been sharpened (I use
a little unsharp masking sometimes). Neat image cleans this up
immediately after auto profiling and a little additional tweaking. I
tried the same thing with Ninja and got bad results the first two times,
but I'll have another go and see what happens. In this case a profile
for the *ist D wouldn't help much, but I've downloaded one anyway and
will see what happens with that.

Don

--
Dr E D F Williams