In a message dated 6/14/2006 3:57:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
What I ~think~ may be happening is that the shutter
release button on the Pentax, and many other cameras, is rather low, not as
protrusive, as on the Leicas and the earlier manual cameras that we're most
used to.  I think, at least in my case, the shorter release button causes
me to slightly move the camera when making exposures, and that, coupled
with the camera being shorter and not allowing quite the same grip and
leverage as a Leica/Conta/LX, etc.,  contributes to the movement and tilted
horizons.  I find that when i work very slowly, the horizon isn't a
problem, but if shooting a little more quickly, I often get the tilt.  The
tilt, in my case, is always in the same direction.

YMMV, and probably will.

Shel
========
Interesting observation. I think I get some of that with my Canon too. Going
to think about it.

Thx, Marnie aka Doe