On 6/22/06, Ann Sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> skye wrote:
> >
> > I haven't done an indepth study of photo display sites. All I know is,
> > every time I go to photo.net (which happens a lot with all the PESOs),
> > I get slapped with an ad, first thing, at the top of the page. Then
> > after an interminable wait, a photo loads and I get to scroll around
> > to see it. I find flickr a little less distracting, but to each his
> > own.
> >
> Skye - this is the link to a folder of 4 photos of mine on
> photo.net
> I don't see ads when I go there from the link from my
> homepage.
>
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=449171

No ad on your folder, plus one ad on top of each of the four photos I
looked at. However, much less wait on your photos (thanks for that,
although you probably did it because of your modem limits more than
for li'l old me).

It's no big deal, I'm not going to call photo.net a bad name or
boycott them. I just wanted to point out that for my own self, I find
ads more distracting than anything else on the planet, aside from
blink tags. Still, I keep trucking along. The photo's the most
important thing and I feel lucky to see yours.

Thanks for your concern though,

-- skye