I have looked at that, and saw the B&H price at $499.95 at the moment I was
comparing it. That is now £346. Ad shipping, and your are at or close to the
£380, certainly if you have to pay import duties of (I assume) 17.5%.
I have bought from B&H when I lived in the USA, and also later when I lived
in the Netherlands again or here in the UK, but always on a business trip,
and have it shipped to a colleague in the USA or picked it up at B&H myself.
Since Lucent is in big problems like many others at the moment, business
trips are not very likely at the moment.
Two days after I ordered I noticed B&H took $100 from the price of this
lens. I had other quotes here in the UK around £449
A lot of the shops here don't realise they are competing with shops in NY.
When I bought my Tamron 90mm/f2.8 AF Macro at B&H a few years ago, I paid
half of what I had to pay in the Netherlands. I do like to support my local
shops, but this is a big difference, and to be honest, not all local shops
are worth supporting.

Frits