[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I am considering acquiring one of these for my LX, so I would appreciate
 any comments if you have used it on your LX.

 Have you found it to be very useful?  What type of photography do you
 like to use it for?  Portrait, macro, etc..   Is it difficult to focus
 on subjects compared to the standard FA-1 Finder?? >>

Jose,

I enjoy using the Waist Level Finder on the LX.  It is not much good for
action shots or quick framing and shooting, a normal FA-1 or FA-2 is much
better.  But, it would be good at fixed compositions like macro or portrait
work.

I have used it for candid photos on business trips, when I did not want to
call attention my picture taking.  Everybody assumes that you must look THRU
the camera to aim and shoot.  With the Waist Level Finder attached, the LX
can hang at breast level and you'll get a good shot.  (I've used a Yashica T4
the same way.)  You must remember that the image is reversed, so it takes a
while to learn when to move the LX to the right or left to change the
composition.

The magnification of the viewfinder is something like 110%, so if you can
take time to position your eye over the viewfinder properly, you get a big
image.

Regards,  Bob S.