The Volkswagen beetle with semi-automatic gear box.  Had an electronic
clutch mechanism, (if you put enough force on the stick shift the clutch
disengaged,. you could do it on the highway intentionally by hitting it
with your knee), and a two speed (forward) one reverse gear box.  The
standard VW gearbox was nearly indestructible, (they would survive long
after the rest of the car wore out or rusted away), the semi-auto was not...

--
When you're worried or in doubt,
        Run in circles, (scream and shout).