Aaron Reynolds wrote:
> No, I'm saying that there's new, existing stock that no one is attempting to
> buy -- if people want them, they can get them.

You mean the 1.7? Not the 1.4?

I just mentioned the former as an aside in any case. I do want the 1.4,
but I would prefer to get a used one if I could at the price level I'm
used to for 2nd hand Pentax equipment. But I notice that the price is
nothing like what I'm used to, and I'm wondering why. I don't think
that's pointless speculation about the availability of new items.

> At the current level of demand, there's enough in the warehouse in this
> country for a decade.

Well, what I and others have been trying to say is that judging from the
used prices the demand would seem to be very high, i.e. there is
something here that just doesn't add up. Could it be that nobody asks
the warehouse because everyone believes the lens is discontinued?
> This fussing about availability by people who don't intend to buy strikes me
> as ridiculous.

Or maybe I might want the 1.7 after all, if it is sufficiently cheaper
than the 1.4. Now, you do agree that I shouldn't have to order one in
order to find out what the price is, or if it can actually be supplied,
don't you?

- Toralf