On Jun 30, 2006, at 4:20 AM, Vid Strpic wrote:

> Well, maybe it would be better for me to shuddup now.  But I won't.
>
> Earlier this year, I was in hospital for some time.  They also took
> some
> X-rays.  I was fascinated to see that they use ortho film for that...
> and when I was back home, i looked the images on my lightbox.  Oh my.
> It was wonderful.  But maybe I'm just an old fart and I can be safely
> ignored...

I don't think that anyone would argue that the tonal range of a digital
X-ray is as good as a film X-ray -- but they're meant to be functional,
not to be pretty.

At my wife's office they still use film X-rays, but the office is
paperless, and at the back they have a lightbox and a digital camera on
a tripod.  They photograph every X-ray and upload it into the system.
It makes filing, organizing and displaying the X-rays much easier.

The best part is not having to say "now get closer and look at this".
They just zoom in.

-Aaron