[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< You Americans seem to have your own names for
 everything. Is this just your way of saying you are
 better than anybody else?

 eg. Asahi ~ Honeywell
     MZ-30 ~ ZX-30
     MZ-50 ~ ZX-50
     Minolta X500 ~ Minolta X570
     Manfrotto ~ Bogen
     Drive on LHS of road ~ Drive on RHS of road
     Colour ~ Color
     Plough ~ Plow

 What's the deal with this?

Oh, and let's not forget:
19/8/01 ~ 2001/08/19       >>

Jody,

Nobody is saying we are better here in North America, although we do have a
very nice continent, thank you.

The product names are all the fault of the importers/producers.  Pentax
decided to use different names, probably to try and stop 'grey market'
imports and let them charge you and me different prices for the same camera.

As to the driving on the right and left hand side of the road, very few of us
wear swords anymore (?Glenn?) so it's OK for us to drive on the side we do.
Anyway, I think dirving on the left is an island nation thing.  Didn't the
rest of the EU change to right hand side some 25 years ago?

For Colour and Plough, we are not required to use extra letters here.  When
we threw off the colonial yoke, we ditched the letters too.  As a matter of
fact, we are making up whole new languages here...see ebonics.

And finally, get the date thing right.  19/8/01 would be the 19th month, 8th
day of 2001 in our system.  We write 8/19/01 and you use 2001/08/19 because
we know what year it is.  That number changes only once every 365 days, so
why start out with it.  It's much more economical to say August 19th or 8/19
first.

Regards,  Bob S. <g>